|Dreamy tropical summer breakfast!|
I am a smoothie addict! While I tend to opt for heavier flavors using things like raw cacoa, peanut butter, cinnamon, and sweet potatoes in the colder months, in the summer I tend to use more fresh fruit and flavors. This strawberry lime margarita smoothie is a perfect way to begin the day when the temperature is blazing.
Strawberry Lime Margarita Smoothie Recipe (vegan)
serves 1-2 (makes about 16-18 ounces)
In a blender combine:
- 1 cup coconut milk (The carton kind, not from a can! I used unsweetened.)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 small lime (Add the zest and juice.)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh organic strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sweetener (I tend not to use any, but if you like your smoothies sweet, options are: 1 TB agave, two dates, 1/2 TB coconut sugar, or 1/2 TB maple syrup. Add to your taste!)
- Your favorite smoothie add-ons: I used 1/2 TB of raw coconut oil, 1 TB flax, 1 TB hemp protein powder.
- A few ice cubes
Blend until well combined and enjoy!