|Lacinto kale, cabbage, and carrot slaw topped with red peppers and cucumbers. Good idea, but a big fail!|
I was craving a miso tahini type dressing to, well, um, dress up a kale slaw I was making, so I whipped out a little mason jar and added some ingredients I had on hand. The sauce was delicious, the slaw on the other hand was overly bitter. I had never eaten lacinto kale raw before. I will never do that again. Cooked, it is great, and I prefer it over the curly leaf variety, but raw... blech! Tastes like grass. I learned that it is pretty bitter juiced as well. Live and learn as they say. Now for the good part of this experiment, the easy miso tahini ginger dressing!
|The yummy dressing! Just shake it up in a mason jar!|
Easy Miso Tahini Ginger Dressing Recipe (vegan)
makes about 3/4 of a cup to 1 cup of dressing
- 1 TB mellow miso
- 1 TB Tahini
- 1 TB peanut butter
- 1 TB toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced ginger (you can use more if you really like ginger!)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tsp of Sriracha (or some other hot sauce or just leave this out)
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of water (depending on how thick you want it)
- sea salt or tamari to taste
- Put all ingredients in a mason jar with a tightly fitted lid.
- Shake, and shake some more. Put on some good music and dance around your kitchen.
- Pour over salad. Easy, right?