Note, this is not a brownie for cakey brownie lovers! It is filled with some major ooey-gooey fudginess with a slight sweet hint of banana. Due to their irresistibility, I kept one and sent the rest to work with my husband. Sigh... maybe I'll have a faster metabolism in my next life.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe (vegan, eggless)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Trader Joe's chips!)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TB finely ground coffee grinds (or instant espresso)
- dash cinnamon
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1/4 cup yogurt (The thicker the better. I like coconut yogurt the best!)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1/2 of a large banana)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
|Tip: Let brownies cool fully in pan on wire rack on your counter and then place in fridge.|
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray an 8x8 pan with spray oil, line it with parchment paper, and give it another light spray with oil.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, melt margarine and chocolate chips together over low heat stirring every minute or so. Add sugars, vanilla, salt, coffee, and cinnamon. Whisk together. When combined, remove from heat.
- Whisk in cornstarch, yogurt, and mashed banana and then stir in flour.
- Place brownie mixture in parchment lined pan and level out the dough with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. The top will be crackly, and the brownies will be bubbling. They look uncooked, but they are done!
- Let cool fully. Actually, let cool overnight. It's best if you let the pan cool on then counter on a wire rack. Then, once cooled, lift the brownies out of the pan by the parchment paper and place on a couple of layers of paper towels. This will absorb any melted margarine that is on the bottom of the brownies. Gently put the uncut brownies back in the pan and place in fridge overnight to let them set completely.
- Remove brownies from fridge. Spread warmed chocolate ganache on top and sprinkle with pecans. Return pan to fridge to let ganache set. Cut into squares and serve.