Roasted Walnut, Garlic, & Black Pepper Pasta Sauce Recipe (vegan)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 TB sesame seeds
- 1 TB olive oil
- fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- sea salt (to taste)
- garlic (or hing) (to taste, but less is more!)
- 1 TB (or to taste) nutritional yeast or vegan parm
- 1/8 cup raisins
- hot water from the pasta water
- Preheat oven to 425. Toast walnuts and sesame seeds on a baking sheet until fragrant, but not overly brown. About 8-10 minutes.
- In a small food processor, chop up walnuts and sesame seeds. Add remaining ingredients except water.
- Add water 1/4 cup at a time and blend until sauce is smooth, but still somewhat thick.
- Mix in with your pasta while pasta is still hot. Top the pasta with greens of your choice.
Tip: Add less water and use this a crostini spread!