Below is the recipe for the cake. Just use your favorite frosting and filling to give it your own personal touch! Tip: The cupcakes are actually better if made a day or two ahead of time and kept in the fridge; they become more moist as they sit!
|The cupcakes being filled with pumpkin butter!|
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 TB pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TB molasses
- 2 cups of puree d pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup vegetable, canola, or other mild-flavored oil
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl, mix together molasses, pumpkin and water. Set aside.
- Make three divots in your dry ingredients. In one, add oil, in the next add vinegar, and in the last, add vanilla. Pour the water/pumpkin mixture on top and mix together ingredients until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until done. Let cool and then decorate as desired.