Most of my dinner creations come together, no pun intended, organically. I'm not a meal planner. I like to just look at what's in the fridge and/or in the pantry, see what works together, and go from there. When I whipped up this meal, I had coleslaw mix from Whole Foods, apples, and some leftover homemade sesame noodles sauce. Perfect!
After shooting the coleslaw, I mixed in shredded baked Trader Joe's tofu and tons of baby romaine to make a more complete meal. Mr. Scissors loved it.
Creamy & Crunchy Vegan Peanut Butter & Apple Asian Coleslaw Recipe
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (or a mix of shredded cabbages and carrots)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled and diced)
- 3 TB sesame noodle sauce (recipe here; use water or veggie broth and more ginger)
- 2 TB Veganaise
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB rice wine vinegar
- 1 TB mirin (or neutral tasting liquid sweetener)
- crushed peanuts
- In a bowl, combine coleslaw mix with cubed apples.
- In a small container with a lid, mix sesame noodle sauce through mirin, and shake vigorously until well combined.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw and mix well. Let marinate in fridge an hour (or over night) before serving.
- Top with peanuts before serving.