When I cook dinner, I like to prepare healthy, vegan, and gluten-free whenever possible. I also seem to have a tendency to make one-bowl meals since they are not only easy to prepare (no need for a recipe!), they are hard to mess up, and are really satisfying.
Quinoa has always been a favorite of mine. It's nutritious (a great source of iron!) and super easy to digest and it's nutty flavor is is very adaptable. Just add veggies, protein, and any flavor profile, and you've got yourself a meal!
Warm Mediterranean Red Quinoa Salad with Arugula (Rough) Recipe
- Quinoa (use about 1 dry cup per 2 servings as a main dish)
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetables (chopped in bite sized pieces; use veggies of your choice like asparagus, broccoli, arugula, spinach, cauliflower, kalamata olives, red peppers, etc.)
- Fresh arugula and chopped tomatoes
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Chop veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in pan, add crushed red pepper, and garlic, sauté. Add veggies. Cook until tender, but still crispy. Add basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Add cooked quinoa to the pan with veggies, add salt and pepper, and sauté for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- To plate, either top arugula with quinoa salad, or top quinoa with a garnish of chopped arugula. Add chopped, fresh tomatoes and serve.