So, you made my version of vegan ricotta and you still have tons left over from your Friday night ricotta pizza (It was good, right?)? Well, rebrand it as alfredo and you've got yourself a totally different meal!
Directions for Making Vegan Ricotta into Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- Take your leftover ricotta out of the fridge to let it warm up a bit since it does set when chilled.
- Prepare some fettucine (or any other type of pasta) according to package directions.
- Bake grape tomatoes and asparagus in the oven while your pasta is boiling (oven at 400, spray pan, toss veggie on, spray again, salt pepper and bake for about 10-15 minutes). You could also just saute them, but I prefer to bake as much as possible. Less hands-on time!
- When the pasta is still hot, scoop a good amount of ricotta on top. Add a bit more olive oil, or melted vegan butter (to thin out ricotta), and salt and pepper. Voila! Vegan alfredo. Mix with tongs until the pasta is coated.
- Plate your pasta, top with veggies. Add vegan parm if you would like.
TIP: After I shot this photo, I added some steamed broccoli and it totally made this meal!