This is such a great salad dressing; it is tart, savory and sweet! Serve it over mellow flavored baby spinach topped with chickpeas and dried cherries. If you leave the dressing on the thicker side, it doubles as a delicious sandwich spread that pairs perfectly with your favorite cream cheese!
Cherry Almond Salad Dressing Recipe (vegan, gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (I like the Montmorency cherries from Trader Joe's.)
- 1/2 cup OJ
- garlic to your taste (or hing)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Add all ingredients to a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth. If too thick for your tastes, add a touch or water or more OJ to thin it out.
Q: What's your favorite brand of vegan cream cheese?