To make zucchini pasta, put a zuke, not peeled, through a spiral slicer. If you don't have that handy contraption, grating the zukes works as well. Great dish in the summer for when your garden is being terrorized by over-sized squash!
Raw Pepita & Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe (vegan, gluten-free)
Serves 2-4 depending on serving size
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (not packed)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional--will give it a more "cheesy" flavor)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (red would work as well)
- garlic or hing (use as much or as little as you would like)
- 1/2 - 1 TB Spanish olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Soak sun dried tomatoes and raw pepitas in warm water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and reserve soaking water.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients until somewhat smooth. If it is too thick, add reserved water 1/8 cup at a time. The sauce will be semi-chunky.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Stays fresh for about 5 days. Can be used as a sandwich spread, veggie dip or for raw or cooked pasta.
Shop the Props!
Napkins: West Elm