|Bowl rug handmade for moi by Kara.|
Quinoa-meal w/ Strawberries & Maple Balsamic Syrup (vegan, gluten free)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk + more for serving
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- dash salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- sliced strawberries (mash a few)
- raw walnuts
- maple syrup
- balsamic vinegar
- Bring coconut milk, quinoa, vanilla and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to the lowest setting for about 20 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat about 1/4 maple syrup and 1 TB balsamic vinegar and a few mashed strawberries in a small pan on low heat until it thickens.
- To serve, place quinoa in a bowl and pour some extra coconut milk on the sides. Top with sliced strawberries, raw walnuts and drizzle the some of the maple syrup reduction on top. Good morning!