|Part of one of three of a really lip smacking recipe.|
October Fest Maple BBQ Sauce and Marinade Recipe (vegan)
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Yields approximately 1 cup
- 2 cups beer (If you don't like the tang of beer, use veggie broth.)
- 1-2 cloves pureed garlic or 1 tsp hing
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB blackstrap molasses
- 2 TB prepared brown mustard
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- optional: 1 TB olive oil. (If you prefer a fat free sauce, then leave this out.)
|Erdinger N/A = Vegan!|
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk.
- Bring to a roiling boil. (Watch it because it may boil out of your pan--keep stirring!)
- Turn down heat to lowest setting. Let simmer until the sauce reduces. About 20-15 minutes.
- Store any unused sauce in your fridge.