A few weeks ago, I had some left over vegan alfredo and butternut squash and a package of whole wheat pizza dough in the fridge. They all seem to go together, so I came up with these hand-held yum pockets. They are even better when you dip them in some extra alfredo!
Butternut Squash Hot Pockets (Loose) Recipe (vegan)
- Prepared raw pizza dough (whole wheat or white)
- Cannellini beans
- vegan alfredo sauce (recipe here)
- mashed, baked butternut squash (how to here)
- sauteed spinach
- crushed, dried rosemary
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil or melted vegan margarine
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Saute about 1 cup of butternut squash with olive oil, about 2 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Saute about 1/2-1 cup of frozen organic spinach with olive oil and salt.
- Roll pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Cut dough into 4x4" squares.
- In the center of each square, place about 1 TB each of: spinach (make sure it is not too watery), butternut squash, beans and then the lastly, the alfredo.
- Like the diagram above, pinch two of the opposite corners together, the the other two, then pinch the 4 seams. Place each either seam side up or down (your choice!) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with oil.
- Spray each pocket with oil and place in oven for about 15-20 minutes until they are lightly browned. Serve with extra alfredo.