|Thanks for the bowl, Kara!|
IM between me and Mr. Scissors:
me: What should have for dinner?
him: Can we go light, like steamed veggies?
me: Sure, but we have no vegetables. I really need to go shopping.
him: Should I pick something up on the way home?
me: Let see what we have frozen...
me: Ah! Got it! Going to make some quinoa with green beans. Possibly tofu. Something Asian-y.
him: Sounds good!
Asian Style Quinoa w/ Tofu & Green Beans Recipe (vegan)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce (or gf tamari)
- 1 TB grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or hing)
- 3 cups frozen green beans (I used Trader Joe's French green beans.)
- Baked, marinated tofu (I used TJ's baked tofu.)
- 1/4 cup tamari almonds (They sell them at Trader Joe's)
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB peanut butter
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Boil water, quinoa, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and Chinese 5 spice. When it reaches a roiling boil, reduce heat and simmer until all water is absorbed. About 15-20 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes of the quinoa cooking add green beans on top. Stir in when the quinoa is fully cooked.
- While quinoa is cooking, make sauce by combining all ingredients in a small food processor until smooth. If mixture is thick, add water.
- Fry baked tofu in slices. Set aside.
- When quinoa and beans are done, salt if necessary.
- Serve individually in bowls by topping quinoa with tofu and sauce.