Heavenly Lemon Cherry Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Chips Recipe
makes 18-48 cookies (depending on size)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter (or vegan margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup full fat Greek yogurt (or thick vegan yogurt)
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 TB grated lemon zest (the zest one lemon, yellow part of skin only)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of dried cherries (I use Trader Joe's Montmorency tart cherries.)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (Trader Joe's has a vegan version.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar, then add yogurt, cornstarch, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry mixture. Add oats until just combined.
- Fold in cherries and white chocolate.
- For super large cookies, use a 1/4 cup scoop (bake for about 14 minutes); for large cookies, use a 1/8 cup scoop (bake about 12 minutes); for politely sized cookies, 1 TB scoop (bake about 10 minutes). Flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch thick and shape. Cookies do not spread very much.
- Cookies will be very soft when removed from oven. Let cool on sheet and then transfer to cookie rack with a spatula.