|Incredibly AWESOME to-go raw burrito from Fresh Thymes in Wilmington, DE|
For lunch one day, I had some time to kill and headed over to Fresh Thymes for their raw burrito. Holy goodness! It was insanely good. I don't even think anyone could tell it was raw. The cashew sour cream was out of this world. So creamy and tangy. I've been seriously craving another one!
|Indian spiced chickpeas with spinach and Sharon's tomatoes|
Another gluten-free/vegan lunch was a super 5-minute quicky. Here's what I did:
Indian Spiced Chickpeas with Spinach and Tomatoes (vegan)
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1.5 TB cumin powder
- 1/2 TB corriander powder
- 1 tsp hing (or 1 TB garlic)
- 2 TB minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen spinach (This is what makes it easy! I use the Trader Joe's pesticide-free kind.)
- 1 chopped tomato
- In a large frying pan, heat oil and then add dry spices. Saute for a minute.
- Add chickpeas and stir. Add ginger, salt and pepper. Fry for a minute.
- Add spinach and saute.
- When spinach is cooked, add in tomatoes. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon. Easy, right? Quicker than going through the drive-thru at a busy McDonald's.