I've been wanting to try this recipe for fudgey brownies from Basic Vegetarian for some time now. I finally had an excuse to bake, so I gave it a shot. They turned out pretty well. Though the recipe is not vegan, I veganized it.
I made a few changes:
- sugar: 1 used 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 vegan
- chocolate: I added 1/4 cup of chocolate to the Earth Balance/sugar mixture and let it melt.
- raspberries: I added 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries that I bought from the local (organic) farm near me, Highland Orchards. There were some black raspberries in that quart that my kids were not fond of, so I wanted to use them up!
- chocolate chips: I folded in about 1/3 of a cup into the batter.
- milk: I used chocolate almond milk.
- Espresso powder: As always, with everything chocolate, I added 1 tsp of it!
Check the recipe out for yourself!