Ok, this doesn't really taste like tuna at all, but it has all the elements of tuna salad. It's super yummy and a perfect cold salad for hot summer days. Oh yeah, it's got lots of protein to boot! You can prepare it ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a day or two.
Easy Vegan Mock Tuna Chickpea Salad Recipe
serves 2; prep time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1.5 ribs of organic celery, minced
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise
- 2 TB sweet relish
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 TB finely minced onion (optional, or 1 tsp hing)
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (to taste)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- Combine all in a bowl.
- Serve on a toasted crunchy bread, in a wrap with lettuce and tomato, in a pita pocket, or eat it over a salad or as is! The possibilities are endless.