|I can't wait to get my camera back. Sorry for these lackluster photos.|
Thai Coconut Curry Green Beans & Tofu Recipe (vegan, gluten free)
serves 2-4, cooking and prep time 30-40 minutes
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, organic
- spray olive oil
- 4-5 cups green beans, ends snipped and cut into approximately 2" pieces
- 1 can of light coconut milk
- 1/8 cup of tamari (or soy sauce) (Use gf tamari if making gf.)
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Press tofu (I used my TofuXpress!) and cut into small, even sized cubes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil. Place tofu on top and spray with oil again.
- Place sheet in oven for about 20 minutes or until tofu is a golden color.
- Steam green beans until soft.
- In the meantime, combine all other ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until it thickens slightly. Add salt if needed.
- When tofu and green beans are ready, add to the sauce and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as is or over rice and top with cashews and/or chopped tomatoes.