|The TofuXpress is "a versatile food press that presses tofu, veggies, cheese, and other foods. Make vegan cheese, macrobiotic salads, and more! Press water out, let flavor in!"|
If you have been following Scissors and Spice, you know how I have often extolled the virtues of one of my favorite kitchen gadgets, the TofuXpress.
The TofuXpress presses excess water out of foods in a quick and efficient way. No more stacking heavy cans and water filled pots on top of your tofu to squeeze out its excess water! This makeshift process always takes too long, squashes your tofu, makes a mess and never really removes all of the water. Who needs to deal with that malarkey? You've got better things to do!
|The lid press the tofu and then snaps into place.|
With the TofuXpress, you place your block of tofu in the press, place the tension spring lid on top of the tofu, snap the lid into place, and the gentle, even pressure compresses the tofu and rids it of any water. The best part is, you can leave it in the fridge while all this magic is happening! Once you drain the water, the tofu can then be neatly marinated in the press tray! Ingenious! And the way the tofu fries and bakes after it has been pressed is like nothing you have experienced before.
|Look at how much water was removed after only 5 minutes!|
But wait! There's more! The TofuXpress works for more than tofu! Remember when I was into the Bahn Mi making? When I would pickle daikon for the sandwiches, I used have to salt it and then it sit a paper towel lined colander for at least an hour to remove the vegetable's water. With the TofuXpress, it took about 5 minutes, and there was no mess! Hoo-ray!
Ok, enough of my crushin' on the TofuXpress! Are you ready to WIN one?
Follow these steps for your chance to win a TofuXpress:
- Follow @tofuxpress on Twitter and/or,
- Like TofuXpress on Facebook and/or,
- Subscribe to TofuXpress's blog (by subscribing to the RSS feed). (While you are on the site, check out the how-to videos.)
- After you have accomplished all those fun things, come back here and leave a comment on this post.
- Tweet about Scissors & Spice's TofuXpress contest with a link to this post. http://www.scissorsandspice.com/2011/05/scissors-spice-giveaway-enter-to-win.html
- Post to Facebook about the contest with a link to this post.
- Blog about the contest on your own blog with a link to this post.
All together you can enter the contest 4 times! Lucky you! Whoo-hoo!
The fine print:
One TofuXpress will be given away. The contest will end on Thursday, June 9, 2011 and the winner will be picked by Randomizer. You must be a US resident to enter. Come back next Thursday to see if you have won and I'll get your contact info. The TofuXpress will be sent directly to you from the company.
Thanks to TofuXpress for partnering with Scissors and Spice!
Good luck and happy pressing!
http://www.tofuxpress.com/ Made in the USA!