(Spicy Sriracha) Baked French Fries Recipe (vegan)
- 1 potato/person (Use yukon gold or white, the kind with the thin skin.)
- spray oil or olive or peanut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha hot sauce (optional--if you want just regular fries, leave this step out)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash and scrub potatoes (I use organic, specially since you most likely will be eating a touch of dirt when you leave the skins on. Who wants to eat dirt sprayed with fertilizer and pesticides?)
- Cut potatoes in wedges. You can do this long or short; just make sure all potatoes are about the same thickness so they cook easily; about 3/4".
- In a large bowl, spray potatoes with oil so they are throughly coated. If using oil, you'll need approximately 1/2 TB/potato.
- Season with salt and pepper. Don't go crazy with the salt--if there is not enough, you can always salt again when the fries are done.
- Now, if you want spicy fries, squirt about 1/4 tsp/potato of the Sriracha over the potatoes. Mix really well.
- Lay the potato wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray the tops of the wedges with oil.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden with brown spots and a fork easily pierces them.
Shop the Props!
Bird Plate: Urban Outfitters (Who uses the creepiest looking male models!)