- 4 medium white or yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or yogurt and/or vegan versions)
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp hing
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp curry powder (a mild flavored one, not heavy in cinnamon)
- dash pepper
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut potatoes and soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Pat dry when done soaking.
- While potatoes are soaking, combine all ingredients except salt.
- Salt potatoes with 1 tsp of the salt. Add curry mixture to potatoes. Mix well.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. If they get too brown before they are tender, cover with aluminum foil until they reach the right consistency. Add more salt if necessary.
- Garnish with tomatoes, chopped cilantro and topped with more sour cream. This would also work great with cauliflower with (or instead of) the potatoes.