|My kids are going to grow up thinking that photographing food before you eat is totally normal.|
Broccoli Rabe & Sun Dried Tomatoes with Pasta and Fauxsage Recipe (vegan-izable)
- Pasta of your choice for the number of the people you need to serve. I used whole wheat penne.
- olive oil
- 1 handful of sundried tomatoes for each person (chopped into small bite sized pieces)
- red pepper flakes
- big head of broccoli rabe, cut into bite sized pieces (leaves and all)
- cup or two of veggie broth
- Faux Italian style sausage (or alternately, cannellini beans, a personal fav for this type of dish)
- basil (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese (vegan if need be or optional)
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In the meantime, sauté your sundried tomatoes in oil with fresh or dried basil and red pepper flakes. If using beans, add them here. Add broccoli rabe and cook until it becomes bright green.
- Add veggie broth, salt and pepper and simmer until broccoli rabe becomes soft but not overcooked.
- Fry sausage (if using) in a separate pan until brown and crispy.
- Add pasta to rabe. Cook for a minute.
- Plate pasta, top with sausage and parmesan.