|The Tofu Xpress! My new favorite kitchen gadget! Look at it prrresssss all that water out!|
After pressing the extra-firm tofu for about 3 hours, I did a quick marinade and baked it in the oven. It was AMAZING! Perfect topping for my experiment with Phở! Would also be great as sandwich meat or served as a bacon with scrambled tofu.
|Baked tofu in all its crispy yet chewy perfection.|
Pressed and Marinated, Thinly Sliced Baked Tofu (Vegan; Gluten free)
- 1/2 block of pressed tofu (thinly sliced; about 1/16 of an inch)
- 3 TB tamari (use gluten-free tamari if making gluten free)
- 1 TB mirin
- 1 TB grated ginger
- 1 TB sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix ingredients of marinade and soak the sliced tofu for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread tofu in a single layer on baking and put in oven for 15-20 minutes. It should start getting crispy on the edges. Keep an eye on it in its final moments to prevent it from burning. Serve on top of Asian noodles salads, stuff in spring rolls, serve as faux lunch meat or bacon.