|Recipe from WHYY's Fit recipe page. They also made the suggestion to add dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds!|
- 2 cups (one-half pound) fresh Brussels sprouts
- Sprinkle of Kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- pinch sugar
- pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the sprouts.
- Cut each in half lengthwise so you have a flat stable base. Cut crossways to make the thinnest strips possible.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Toss with shredded sprouts and serve.