I made Sabjimata's Eggless New York Style Cheesecake* for a family holiday party and it turned out awesome. Even the skeptics came back for seconds. To use up all the gingerbread my daughter and I made, I decided to holiday-ize it by creating a gingerbread pecan crust. It was a great combo. Visit Sabjimata for the recipe and check out the crust recipe below!
Gingerbread Crust for Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups of pulverized gingerbread cookies (or gingersnaps)
- 1/2 cup of pulverized pecans
- 4 TB unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar (turbinado works great or evaporated vegan cane sugar)
- Finely crush cookies in a food processor. Put in medium sized bowl.
- Finely crush pecans in the food processor; combine pecans with cookie crumbs.
- Add melted butter and sugar to crumbs, combine until well mixed.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes and let cool before filling with the cheesecake mixture.
*I halved the recipe that Sabjimata gives. You can use her full recipe, but you will need a decent-sized pan or you'll get some messy overflow.