Scissors Craft: Matryoshka Ornament Card Experiment

This was my first attempt at the Christmas card exchange. It was a good idea, but didn't work in the end. I thought it would be cute to mix felt and paper, but putting the felt hair under the paper babushka just didn't work; it was way too bulky. I didn't intend for this to be an ornament, but as I was making it, I thought if I glued a backing to the front and put a cord in the middle... voilĂ ! Then I added the muffler and a hint at arms. I'm always in a rush making things, so I tend to think on the fly. Sometimes that works; sometimes it doesn't. The arms are too, well, unarmy. I should have used ribbon to add more texture. In any case, I think this was a good first attempt and should be revisited.

Again, the pattern used for the ornament is an adaptation of April Rhode's.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for saying hi!